Whether you are looking for a creative way to spend quality time with your family or just a nifty individual that likes to reuse common household items, you will find these clever ideas to reuse toilet paper rolls very useful.
- Use it as a seed starter- I personally know at least two people who took on home gardening as a hobby during the coronavirus shut down. Many gardeners will use peat pots and pellets to start their seeding. However, commercial harvesting with peat pots has come under controversy for negatively affecting the environment. The idea behind the pea pot or pellet is that you can plant your seeds in the pot and the pot will decompose in the soil over time. If you want to save some money and recycle a common household item at the same time, substitute the job of your pea pot with toilet paper rolls. You might need more than one toilet paper roll depending on how many seeds you plan to grow. It will be a good idea to start saving toilet paper rolls before planting season so that you are well stocked on supplies.
- Use the toilet rolls as desk organizers - This is a cute way to decorate your kid’s study table and they will love doing this project. Simply cut the toilet paper rolls in different sizes, attach it to cardboard pieces, and decorate them as you wish to make your desktop look creative and organized at the same time.
- Use the rolls as cord holders - This is a genius way to recycle the rolls and organize your home all at once. Everyone is familiar with the feeling of having tangled up cords laying around the home. Loose cords laying around look messy, get stepped on, get tangled, and get in the way when you are vacuuming the floors. Collect a couple of toilet paper rolls and tie your cords inside them for a much more organized look. You can even get creative and decorate or color your toilet rolls for a more fun look.
- Use the rolls to organize your wrapping paper - With holiday season around the corner, everyone is going to be running to the store to buy bulks of wrapping paper. To avoid messy paper all around your home, use toilet paper rolls to securely hold the wrapping paper in place. Even after the holidays are over, it is the perfect way to wrap up your paper and stick it in storage until next year.
- Use the rolls as bird feeder - This is a fun project to do as a family while also feeding birds that visit your home. Talk about killing two birds with one stone, ha! First, spread some peanut butter on the toilet paper roll. Make sure the roll is fully covered with the peanut butter. After that, you can roll the toilet paper tubes in birdseed to make them stick. You should place your bird feeders near large branches so that birds can sit down while enjoying their meal!
- Use the toilet paper rolls as a plastic bag holder - This is another easy way to declutter your home. Left over plastic bags after your trip from the grocery story can be quite overwhelming. However, they come in handy later on so you don’t want to throw them away. Simply stuff all your plastic bags inside a toilet paper roll to get them all in one place.
- Use the toilet paper rolls as tube binoculars - Your young ones will love this project. Take two toilet paper rolls and glue them together to create a pair of binoculars! You can decorate or color them as creatively as you want. Simply attach a string to the ends to act as a neck strap. Your kids can use these binoculars to birth watch for hours!
- Use the rolls as wall art of decoration - Christmas is right around the corner and families love to hang wreaths on their walls to get in the holiday spirit. If you and your family are on a budget this year, you can save a lot of money by reusing toilet roll and turning them into a beautiful wreath. You just have to cut the toilet paper rolls in the appropriate shape and glue them together in a beautiful, circular motion. You can color or paint your toilet paper rolls however you wish. No one will even suspect that your wreath is made from toilet paper tubes.
- Use the toilet paper roll as a kitchen knife cover - This is a nifty way to keep the blade on your kitchen knife sharp and protect your kids from injury at the same time. Flatten a toilet paper tube and seal off one end using glue or tape. Simply slide the knife blade inside of your new knife cover. This is the perfect way to stay worry free from your kids accidentally cutting themselves while playing.
- Use the toilet mega rolls to start fires - Perhaps one of the most practical ways to resume toilet paper rolls is to use them as fire starters. This can be extremely useful on a camping trip where you might have limited access to resources. All you have to do is the toilet paper tubes in half and stuff them with a lump of dryer lint. After that, wrap the tube in wax paper and then twist the ends. Go ahead and place your tube fire starter in the fire location and then add wood, kindling, and newspaper.
- Use on hangers to prevent creases - This is a genius hack if you hate the way your pants crease up after hanging them for a long time. Simple cut open two toilet paper rolls and tape them back together around the bottom of the hanger. Hang your pants over the rolls to avoid creases from forming.
Use the toilet paper tube as a glasses case - To save some money on expensive eyeglass cases, you can just seal off one end of the toilet paper tube with glue or tape. After that, you can cover your tube in any fabric to make it look pretty.
Recycling toilet paper tubes is a great way to save money and help the environment at the same time. Your kids will also love to participate in the projects which require a lot of art and creativity. Truly, it is the perfect way to spend a Sunday evening with the family!