To avoid running out of toilet paper, many people today buy them in bulk. However, storing a large bulk of toilet paper is not as simple as just stacking them up in the corner of your home or office.
Proper storage is essential to ensure the rolls remain usable, prevent waste and contamination, and save you money. This article will discuss the best practices for storing a large bulk of toilet paper.
Factors to Consider When Storing Toilet Paper in Bulk
Storing a large bulk of toilet paper may be a little frustrating, but that doesn’t mean it is impossible. Here are a few pointers that can guide you when figuring out how to store a large bulk of toilet paper:
- Quantity: The first thing you should consider when storing toilet paper in bulk is the amount you need. The amount of toilet paper you store depends on how many people you have in your household or business and how often they use the bathroom. You must have enough storage space to accommodate your toilet paper needs.
- Location: The location of your storage space is critical. It should be cool, dry, and well-ventilated to prevent mold or mildew from growing on the toilet paper. Also, it should be easy to access but not too close to any potential hazards, like heat sources, moisture, or harsh chemicals. Ideally, you should store the toilet paper in a dedicated closet or room away from high-traffic areas.
- Shelf life: Toilet paper has a shelf life, and you need to be aware of the expiration date when buying in bulk. Different types of toilet paper have different shelf lives, and you may need to adjust your storage accordingly.
Best Practices for Storing Toilet Paper in Bulk
You do not want your large bulk of toilet paper to be misused or confused with other items. Here are a few recommendations to avoid this;
- Organizing and Labeling: One of the best practices for storing a large bulk of toilet paper is to organize and label the storage containers or shelves. This will help you keep track of how much toilet paper you have and when you need to restock. You can label the containers with the type of toilet paper, the quantity, and the expiration date.
- Avoid Common Mistakes: There are several common mistakes people make when storing toilet paper in bulk. One of them is storing the toilet paper near heat sources or moisture, which can cause the rolls to deteriorate quickly. You should also avoid storing toilet paper near harsh chemicals like cleaning supplies or pesticides, which can affect the quality of the rolls.
- Alternatives to Bulk Buying: If buying in bulk is not an option for you, there are alternatives. You can use a toilet paper subscription service, which will regularly deliver a fixed amount of toilet paper to your home or business. You can also consider buying in smaller quantities but more frequently to ensure you always have a fresh supply.
Proper storage of a large bulk of toilet paper is essential to ensure the rolls remain usable, prevent wastage and contamination, and ultimately save you money. Try the tips in this guide to ensure you always have a fresh supply of toilet paper. And if bulk buying is not an option, try alternatives like subscription services or sustainable options.
Join the sustainable revolution today and make a difference with Bumroll! Choose from our selection of 100% recycled and sustainable toilet paper rolls, available in 6 to 96 rolls per case. Our premium toilet paper is soft, strong, and safe for your skin, with 2-ply layers and 400 sustainably sourced sheets per roll.Plus, you can feel good about supporting American jobs - our toilet paper is ethically made in the USA and supports local communities in California. Join us in creating a cleaner, greener future. Choose Bumroll today and make your subscription count!